Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent
Marvel Industrial Coatings is an environmentally friendly, water soluble, dibasic ester based solvent containing no aromatics or petroleum distillates. Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent is designed to provide maximum cleaning effectiveness while incorporating a high flash point and low toxicity. Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent acts to replace typical industrial solvents such as chlorinated hydrocarbons (methylene chloride, carbon tetrachloride, and 1,1,1-trichlorethane) ketones (acetone, methyl ethyl ketone) and aromatic solvents (xylene, toluene, and napthalene).
Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent solvent/cleaner is designed to break down uncured polyurea, polyurethane, epoxies, and polyester resins. Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent may be used with all Marvel Industrial Coatings and other rapid curing spray coatings systems. It is designed for use in both interior and exterior priming situations. Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent can be used to increase the bond between layers of polyurethane / polyurea (example: spraying a new bed liner over an existing aged or damaged truck bed liner).
- Rubber Residues
- Latex Paint
- Oil Based Paint
Not R.C.R.A. or DOT regulated. Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent low toxicity and water solubility allow safe wash down and easy disposal through drains into sanitary systems.
- No VOC’s
- Dilutes with Water
- Non Toxic
- Easy to Apply
- Flash Point > 200o F
- Low Odor
- Environmentally Friendly
- Indefinite Shelf Life
- Will Not Cause Hazardous Polymerization
- Low evaporation rate
- Viscosity: @ 25oC N.D.
- Appearance: Clear Liquid
- Odor: Mild Sweet Odor
- Specific Gravity @ 25oC 1.08
- Flash Point: >200o F
- Vapor Density: (Air = 1) N.D.
- Notice: Reacts violently with strong acids or bases.
- 55 Gallon Drums-Drum containers filled by weight, volume is closely approximate.
- 5 Gallon Pails
- 1 Gallon Pails
- One year, in original, unopened factory containers, under normal storage conditions of 55oF to 95oF.
- Do not use this solvent without approved chemical gloves and eye protection. This solvent will eat the skin off of your hands with NO problem.
- Read Material Safety Data Sheet before using.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Wear safety glasses and neoprene gloves
Preparation and Installation:
- Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent should be used the same as any other solvent and cleaner. Employ baths where possible for stationary cleaning. May be applied by scrub and brush to polyurea coatings in order to prepare surface for delayed overcoating. Consult Gun-Parts Cleaning Solvent.